Sunday 7 August 2011

The Truth is in the Details (and one of the details has just been removed)


I have never participated in stock discussion boards, but the discussion about this blog and Zungui at Stockhouse.com is becoming increasingly entertaining.


So apparently someone has emailed the CFO Shelly Gobin about the comments made on this blog and this is Shelly’s alleged reply.


I have seen the blog. I cannot answer if this is impacting the stock (which are very volatile these days) but the comments made in the blog are not accurate. Our business model is different than LiNing's and we operate in lower end segment of the market. This has been clearly communicated in our prospectus from December 2009. Our capital expenditures have also been detailed out in the MDA's we have disclosed. There are inaccuracies in the blog on these matters as well. Unfortunately, people are allowed to blog whatever they like without any verification or even reading of our public documents.


The Chinese website is not used for day to day business. We do not sell our products online - they are only sold in ZUNGUI stores. The article is correct that the website is out of date and some links are not working. This is a valid point and I will follow up with the IT department in China to correct that. I believe the logo that the article highlights is not accurate - all of our products are branded with the ZUNGUI logo. The picture appears to have been altered from the catalog that is available on the website.www.zunguihaixi.com that is used for investor relations. This website is also being update to provide some more information on Zungui but does contain all of our corporate documents, press releases, etc.

Zungui Haixi Corporation has a very high standard for corporate governance and I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. I did leave you a message at the number you provided below. I would be happy to discuss further with you if there is a convenient time to reach you.

Thank you.
Shelly


 
Of course the picture I posted on my blog earlier was not altered and enough people have seen the picture on the website to know that I did not alter it.

But regardless, I have just checked the Zungui website and the Diesel logo has just been removed and Zungui’s high standard for corporate governance has been restored. We can all sleep easy now.

Graham






P.S
This still has to be the ugliest shoe I have ever seen.